St John the Baptist, Parish of Kingston and Putney Vale
Contact details of the PSOs and churchwardens
We take the safeguarding and care of children and vulnerable adults very seriously at St John the Baptist church. If you have any concerns regarding safeguarding, please do get in touch. Our Parish Safeguarding Officer Ruth Ruocco Brown, Deputy Safeguarding Officer Marysia Hewson and our Churchwardens Andrew Bignold and Beverley Morley-Brown can be contacted via the Parish Office on 020 8546 2590 or email or in an emergency via the Vicar Rev. Mandy Beck on 020 8546 4079.
Key Helpline information:
· NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
· Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
· National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
· Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
· Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 (free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm).
Kingston Social Services
If you think a child/adult is in immediate danger you should call 999.
If you need to speak to someone urgently outside of office hours, please call the Duty Social Worker on 020 8770 5000.
Otherwise contact the children’s Single Point of Access (SPA) Team. (open 8 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday) on 020 8547 5008.
for adults call the Access and Safeguarding Team during office hours on 020 8547 5005 or email: email@example.com
Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Kate Singleton firstname.lastname@example.org
020 7939 9423 Mobile 07982 279713 (for urgent matters out of hours)
Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers, Marie Daly and Louise Vernon
Marie Daly email@example.com 020 7939 9441 Mobile 07946 255295
Louise Vernon firstname.lastname@example.org 020 7939 9462 Mobile 07946 255622
Current edition of A Safe Church: